Vacancy Senior Project Manager European Affairs
Vacancy Senior Project Manager European Affairs, TAPP Coalition
The TAPP Coalition is an organization committed to paying the 'real' price of food, including environmental, health and animal welfare costs, starting with meat and dairy, due to the utmost urgency. We are looking for an experienced project/program manager with at least 5-7 years of work experience for the period of 1 year. You work together in a small (international) team, consisting of the director, a part-time project employee, a communication volunteer and usually an intern, supported remotely by the board, and in collaboration with many partner organizations. You report to the director, and you ensure that the European initiatives of the TAPP Coalition have a positive and measurable outcome. Do you have a passion for themes such as healthy and sustainable food, climate and financial incentives, and do you want to make a difference in Europe to achieve the Paris climate goals within the agriculture and food sector, then apply for this job!
-Coordinating mainly European projects (EU, Germany, France).
- Collaborating with partners and stakeholders, finding new partners and financiers,
- Writing Position Papers, factsheets, lobby letters, press releases, possibly petitions.
- Lobbying with political actors, communication with (policy officers of) politicians, to get our proposals on the agenda; following the agenda and current affairs, mapping out political and official stakeholders and maintaining contacts;
-Monitoring relevant developments regarding sustainability policy for food and agriculture, including fiscal/financial policy in the EU and other EU countries.
-A role in ongoing projects in the Netherlands to get our proposals for true pricing on the agenda of politicians, governments or companies.
– Drafting reports and project plans for board, partners and financiers.
- Lobbying national and international organizations, input at UN climate conferences.
-Someone with experience in lobbying in Brussels, preferably someone who, in addition to (excellent) English, also has a good command of French or German (oral and written).
- Flexibility / home work; not necessarily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., work can also be spread throughout the week and online. Willingness to work occasionally in Brussels or in EU countries if necessary.
-Someone who likes to work for a better world, affinity with our themes.
- A team player; a good project manager, who likes structure, pro-active, self-supporting, able to manage, plan and prioritize a complex package of tasks.
- Can translate substantive content into a political message;
- A smooth pen (including opinion articles), analytical skills and a critical eye;
- Act independently, stress-resistant, careful, do what you promise;
- A good communicator who can communicate with multiple stakeholders.
- Available at least 24 hours a week for 12 months, with a view to expanding to 32 hours from June 1 and extending the annual contract. Preferably immediately or mid-March (because of 3 events in Brussels, Paris and Berlin from mid-March).
- A compensation of up to 5000 euros gross per month (with full-time contract, paid vacation (25 days/year with full-time), pension, travel allowance.
-Working in a diverse team in a growing dynamic (network) organization;
- The opportunity to develop personally and contribute to a better world;
- Good support and guidance in the work;
Send us an email before 18th February to firstname.lastname@example.org with your motivation and CV.
Please contact Jeroom Remmers, director of the TAPP Coalition:
Also check out our website: www.tappcoalition.eu and https://futurefoodprice.org
We hope to welcome you to our team soon.